468 Thornton Rd
tel 01274-484000
or 01274-829000
email info@homelets.biz
fax 01274-829100

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to tell my bank or building society ?

A. Yes! They are the legal owners until your mortgage is paid. You may be charged an additional 1% in interest and an administration fee.

Q. Does my property need to be furnished ?

A. No! Most properties are let with only carpets, curtains and a cooker, with no real difference in the rent if the property was fully furnished.

Q. Do I need any testing work to be undertaken ?

A. A landlords gas certificate is required from a CORGI registered heating engineer and an electrical safety inspection report from a NICEIC electrical engineer - HomeLets can undertake the above if required. Any upholstered furniture must also be fire resistant.

Q. Can I leave my property up for sale and let it out at the same time.

A. Yes! although it may be slightly more difficult. to locate a tenant

Q. Do I need to insure my property ?

A. Yes! You must also inform your insurers that the property will be tenanted or any future claims will be void.

Alternatively you can Download all the Landlords Information in one printable document (PDF). To view the PDF document you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
HomeLets Property